Age 7 to 9 years old
Now We’re Cooking!
Does your child already have the skills required as an assistant? If so, they are ready to start cooking and be a Chef in Training!
Now is the time to teach kids to:
• Read recipes and labels
• Using measuring utensils
• Recognize what cooking tools do such as whisker, potato masher, egg slicer, etc.
• Microwave, oven and crock-pot use.
• Continue learning about kitchen safety
• Help write out shopping lists
We will incorporate everything we learned as an assistant while we prepare new recipes and discover new cooking methods. Classes will each be themed around the meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert.
Each lesson will cover the safety protocols of the day. We will discuss the origin of our food, as well as the nutritional value. Worksheet exercises and quizzes will keep them busy during cooking times. We also go over table manners and etiquette, as well as a proper place setting. An introduction to measuring tools and how to use them will taught. They will also start their very own cookbook to go with their chefs hat and apron!
Cost is $150 per student. Classes are once a week for 4 weeks.
Price includes all food, chef hat, apron, and workbook for 4 classes.
Payment due before first class. Cash, check, PayPal.
Because this is a new adventure for JayLee Cakes we do not have a specific day of the week set up. We would like to hear from YOU on what days work best. Use the form below to inquire about classes starting January, 2021.
Lessons are fixed, but final meals may vary
Day 1 Lessons – Breakfast
- Kitchen Safety – Microwave and Oven
- Reading Recipe’s and Labels
- Cracking eggs
- Making French Toast casserole
Day 2 Lessons – Lunch
- Kitchen Safety – Germ Control
- Reading Recipes and Labels
- Handling Raw Meat
- Making Chicken Fingers
Day 3 Lessons – Dinner
- Kitchen Safety – Peelers and cutters
- Cutting and peeling vegetables
- Kneading dough
- Setting the table
- Making Calzones or Pizza
Day 4 Lessons – Dessert
- Kitchen Safety – Recap
- Nutrition – Food Plate/Pyramid
- Cutting and peeling fruits
- Rolling dough
- Clearing the table
- Making Apple Hand Pies